Last updated: 22 May 2018
- Privacy statement
1.1 TEK Express Ltd and its affiliates ("TEK Express", "us", and "we") respect your right to privacy. At TEK Express, we look after your personal information carefully. We adhere strictly to the requirements of UK data protection law and, in accordance with current law, we are registered on the public register of data controllers which is looked after by the Information Commissioner.
1.2 This Privacy Notice tells you who we are, how we collect, share and use information which identifies you ("personal information") and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that is provided by our clients (your employer) and managed on our helpdesk ticket system. Please do take a moment to read this Privacy Notice so that you will understand how we use your personal information.
1.3 If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
Content of this Privacy Notice
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then scroll down to the relevant section.
- Section 2- What does TEK Express do?
- Section 3- What personal information does TEK Express collect, and when?
- Section 4- Why does TEK Express process the personal information that it does?
- Section 5- Who does TEK Express share my personal information with?
- Section 6- Legal basis for processing personal information
- Section 7- How does TEK Express keep my information secure?
- Section 8- International data transfers
- Section 9- Data retention
- Section 10- Your data protection rights
- Section 11- Updates to this Privacy Notice
- Section 12- How to contact us
- What does TEK Express do?
2.1 TEK Express is a mobile device management specialist and offers a range of services which help organisations maximise their mobile worker effectiveness. Our services help to minimise mobile worker downtime thereby maximising efficiency
- What personal information does TEK Express collect, and when?
3.1 TEK Express is regularly provided with user uploads by our clients. These contain personal contact details i.e. name, address and sometimes phone contacts. It is wholly the responsibility of the client as the data controller to ensure the TEK database is regularly updated with up to date details. The details of any personnel that do not appear on these updates will be anonymised.
- Why does TEK Express process the personal information that it does?
4.1 End user personal information is used to arrange delivery, replacement and or collection of any of the end user allocated IT equipment as requested by the customer in order to provide the contracted service to our client.
- Who does TEK Express share my personal information with?
5.1 We may disclose your personal information to our transport partners in order for them to deliver or collect goods at the right location and send notifications and provide tracking information regarding deliveries.
5.2 TEK Express Ltd are responsible for ensuring that all transport partners used to process personal data are working in compliance with GDPR law.
- Legal basis for processing personal information
6.1 Contractual necessity - TEK Express Ltd require your personal data in order to deliver the contracted services with our clients who as the data controller have authorized TEK Express Ltd to access your personal data.
6.2 Legal compliance - If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud to law enforcement agencies.
6.3 If you have questions about, or need further information concerning, the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in section 15, 'How to contact us'.
- How does TEK Express keep my information secure?
7.1 We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level or security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
7.2 Specific measures we use include:
- a) Implementing design principles within our infrastructure (e.g. use of firewalls);
- b) adopting security safeguards against attacks (e.g. internal and external monitoring of network traffic); and
- c) security policies which provide working guidelines to our staff as well as enforce controls and procedures in line with data protection law and other industry-specific compliance requirements.
- International data transfers
8.1 Your personal information is not transferred to, or processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident.
- Data retention
9.1 We retain your personal information that is supplied by our client as long as you are an active employee and for a period of up to no more than 6 months after your employment has terminated.
9.2 At the end of the retention period your data will be anonymized.
9.3 Typically our transport partners hold end – user data as follows:
- Track & Trace (Parcel Tracking) - 10 Months
- Shipping Data via SFTP Gateway - Up to 10 Days
- Depot Operations - 14 days
- Handheld Unit - 14 days
- All Images (including proof of delivery, yellow card, consignment notes) - 3 years
- Customer Notifications - 3 years (to support claims and losses)
- Your data protection rights
10.1 You may have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How to contact us heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the How to contact us heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
10.2 We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
11.1 We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by data protection law.
11.2 You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the "last updated" date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
- How to contact us
12.2 The data controller of your personal information is your employer (our client) TEK Express Ltd will act as the data handler.